To stay updated, we need to upgrade our iPhone/iPad every time an update is released. In the field of software, you face errors everywhere. While updating your iOS devices, error that sucks the most is error 3194.
There are plenty of fixes out there for this error 3194. The bad thing is that you won’t know that which one of them is going to work for you. That’s why you will have to keep trying those until it gets fixed.
What causes error 3194?
Most commonly this error occurs due to the bad communication between iTunes and Apple’s update servers. You can check the hosts file to check for the errors.
Methods to fix error 3194.
Method #1 to fix error 3194.
1. Open ‘My Computer’ and go to ‘Local Disk C’.
2. Open ‘Windows’ and look for ‘System 32’.
3. Then enter ‘ETC’ folder there and delete the ‘Hosts’ file.
Download the host file given below and paste in the same folder.
This shall fix the problem for you. If it didn’t that you move on to method #2.
Method #2 to fix error 3194.
In case 1st method doesn’t work, this is an alternative.
1. Go to the folder options.
2. Make sure the thing named ‘Hide extensions for known file types’ is ‘unchecked’.
3. Now go to the same location as you did in method #1 which is C > windows > system 32 > ETC.
4. In there, rename the ‘Hosts’ file with ‘Hosts.ics’.
Now check if the error gets fixed for you. This is a trusted method and it would most probably work. Even if it didn’t, then you don’t need to worry because we have method #3 coming ahead.
After doing the procedure being told in method #2, you might get the following error.
Here is what you can do to fix this error.
1. Go to the same destination and replace ‘Hosts.ics’ with simply ‘Hosts’.
This will again fix the error occurred.
Method #3 to fix error 3194.
1. Open ‘Tiny Umbrella’ and click the button ‘Start TSS server’ while downgrading your iTunes.
2. Make sure that TSS server is running while you downgrade the software otherwise you will still get this error 3194.
3. Also make sure that your device is running in ‘DFU’ mode.
Once it is done, this will fix the error 3194 for you. Stay tuned to Knowledge Insider for more!